Tuesday, September 16, 2008

PERMANENT EYELINER - Eyeliner Tattoos: Cool or Too Painful

I have really been considering permanent eyeliner but there a few things holding me back from jumping on board and getting my eyeliner tattoos done. First off there's the issue of pain (anybody that tells you that tattoos don't hurt at least a little, depending on the area of application, is lying to you!) and I'm a sissy when it comes to pain.

Go Here to See More


The idea of a tattoo artist working my wrist, my arm or my ankle is one thing, but the idea of burning sensations on my sensitive eyelid is slightly more daunting.



Why would a panty waist such as myself even consider getting an eyeliner tattoo?

EXCELLENT REASONS TO GET PERMANENT EYELINER


REASON 1. I am afraid that I'm going to have crepey (read: creepy) eyelids if I keep pulling them tight in the everyday process of eyeliner application.

REASON 2. I hate those smudgy raccoon eyes that must be dealt with the morning after. We don't always have it in us to practice proper skincare procedures at 2am, do we?

REASON 3. A tattoo would naturally be the best waterproof eyeliner ever!

So what's holding me back on getting tattoos on my eyelids?

EYELINER TATTOO NEGATIVES


REASON 1. The possibility of pain. I understand that some artists apply a numbing gel, but why do some of my friends say it hurt like hell and others say that the painkilling concoction does the trick?

REASON 2. I am told that the ink has a tendency to fade and the application of cover up eyeliner may be necessary to make your eyes always seem even and identical

REASON 3. I worry that what I want today in eyeliner fashions may go out of style and I'll be stuck with a Cleopatra eyeliner technique when the trends run toward a minimalist or natural look.

I would like to hear your opinions. Vote yes or no or whatever; just tell me what I should do before all of the elasiticity goes out of my eyelids!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im right there with you, I know it's not the response u need to hear, but it's always nice to know you are not alone

Anonymous said...

Just got mine done today! If you get it, DON'T get a Cleopatra look, you'll probably regret it at some point...besides, it takes more than one application to attain thicker eyeliner, because they can't just hammer into your eyes repeatedly on the first session (and trust me, you wouldn't want them to!). You get it along the lashline, and it looks awesome; that never goes out of style and it really makes your eyes pop (plus, they do a much better job of it than you could at home).
I won't lie to you, though; it hurt me like a bitch. However, not everyone thinks it hurts; I also have a severely high tolerance for pain killers and anesthetics, so I'm assuming that's partly why I experienced so much pain. When she put more anesthetic on, it numbed it better. It's still anxiety-causing though since it's your eyes and they naturally don't want to be disturbed. Take some sort of anti-anxiety pill before you do it if you can!

Anonymous said...

I got permanent eyeliner and eyebrows about 3 months ago and love it all. Regarding pain, my technician applied plenty of some sort of numbing gel which definitely worked well so that I barely felt anything. Later, when healing, there was pain and discomfort, as well as some swelling. I was definitely uncomfortable for at least a week after the procedures, but eventually everything healed fine and now I am enjoying the results of a little pain to go through. About 3 weeks ago, I had permanent lip color done. Definitely the most uncomfortable with more swelling than the other procedures, but not painful during the procedure as the tech was quite generous with applying the numbing gel. I LOVE how my eyes always have perfect eyeliner (top and bottom) at all times. I say that it is worth it to go through some pain for such excellent results!